Conferences can be intense, with this in mind, the Local Organising Committee have organised some great social activities that will provide an opportunity to meet new faces and catch up with your biometrical colleagues on the afternoon of Tuesday 28th November.
Activity 1: Kayaking Tour
Enjoy a relaxed two hour guided eco-tour in the tranquil clear waters of Cudgen Creek, abundant in bird and marine life. A local kayak instructor will guide you through the pristine wetlands and mangroves, sharing their favourite places and best vantage points to view the unique flora and fauna of the area.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Cost: $65pp (including travel to and from Cudgen Creek)
- Suitable for: Beginner, intermediate and experienced kayakers
- Participants: Minimum of 5, maximum of 20
- Equipment: All relevant equipment provided
Activity 2: Learn to Surf
Learn how to surf like a pro with a two hour tutorial from some of the best in the business. Your instructor will walk you through the proper technique of getting to your feet and catching a wave, along with how to read the surf, use your equipment and feel confident in the water.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Cost: $65pp (including travel to and from relevant beach)
- Suitable for: Beginner, intermediate and experienced surfers
- Participants: Minimum of 5
- Equipment: All relevant equipment provided, including wetsuits (if required)
Activity 3: Winery Tour – Mt Tamborine
Let the Cork ‘n Fork team take you on a memorable tour of the idyllic vineyards that dot the lush green landscape of Tamborine Mountain. The tour will include three wine tastings so you can sample the flavours of the delicious Aussie wines particular to the area.
- Duration: All afternoon – depart Mantra on Salt at 12:15pm & return approximately 5pm
- Cost: $100pp
- Participants: Minimum of 6
Activity 4: Byron Bay Excursion
Spend an afternoon in Bryon Bay, the easternmost town in Australia. Following a 30 minute bus trip, the rest of the afternoon is yours to do with as you please. Visit some of the exquisite beaches or enjoy the spectacular coastal views along the Cape Byron walking track to the famous Cape Byron Lighthouse. Alternatively, you can take part in Byron’s thriving food scene or relax and unwind at one of many health retreats.
- Duration: 4.5 hours – depart Mantra on Salt at 12:30pm & return approximately 5:30pm
- Cost: $40pp